I felt Summer Come.
I felt it come while walking barefoot on hot pavement. I said to jon, "It's summer. We do summer!" He smiled and asked for a definition. I simply explained we are summer people. Summer makes us happy. Winter makes us sad. We don't do Winter. We do summer. He simply agreed with my declaration and said "We do do summer."
I felt summer stay.
I felt it while laying on the grass at night. I felt the cool and the warmth that only summer can place upon a night.
Jon and I did summer. Although it was different and slightly wrong to not be in Moses Lake, Jon and I managed to hold summer in our hands and squeeze tight.
Jon and Kel Plus Twelve Summer Season Clips:
- Finishing our place and feeling it become our home.
- Pretending the Pool at our complex was my pool back home.
- Watching my Brother get married to Mal and having the family all together for the celebration.
- Having a wonderful weekend with my Froommates.
- Spending 4th of July week with Jon's parents: eating yummy food, Canasta, and them buying us everything we looked at!
- Spending hours at The Farmer's Market oohing and awing and lovin the creativity.
- Becoming slightly obsessed with Grilled Corn on the Cob. Butter and Salt completes me.
- Falling in love with Peach Smoothies.
- Spending a night listening to an old favorite, Secondhand Serenade.
- Discovering Sammy's Pie Milkshakes. It's real pie!
- Making it to Washington for a short but very lovely weekend which consisted of Addy's baptism, good conversation, good food, laughter, games, and the Marble Family Reunion.
- Getting swept away into So You Think You Can Dance.
- Finally passing my test and getting a $1.50 raise. I felt like this.
- Both Expanding our domesticity ( I made Apricot Jam and Jon cooked for me!)
- Getting to spend some good time with Brandon and Mal since they are only 20 minutes away! We love it.
- Picking up a new show: Covert Affairs. Has enough suspense and intrigue for Jon and has no sick weird killing stuff for me.
- Lunch Break Dates. Best part of my day.
I felt summer leave.
I felt it leave when school crept in and kidnapped my husband. Our endless days of nothing and everything are over. The clock's hands have been released and they're ticking and tocking all over our sunshine. However Summer was polite and sentimental, allowing us the proper goodbye. It went something like this...
Stepping onto a boat
Jumping into green
Popping up on the wakeboard
First try. (both rocked it)
It was the perfect goodbye. So Long Sweet Summer.